Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New Neighbours Just for You

I clock them right away. Three young bucks in a brand new Ford Fiesta. They're on their mobile. Are they going to drive past? No they're going to reverse back to the house across the street. I watch them swagger as they peer through the windows and letterbox of their new home from home. They see I'm glaring at them. They ask me what I'm staring at. I tell them not to fuck with me. They get into their car and start to drive away then reverse and lower the window.
"Do you know any houses round here for sale"
They're ethnic cleansers. Laird probably sent them special.
"Where would you get the money to buy a house son?"
They ask me to smile. I continue glaring. The leader loses his smile. I ask him where it's gone. He forces it back. Then I smile. It makes no difference. It's all a joke to them. They're moving in to wreak mayhem and they feel utterly immune.
Only the strong survive here. I have to find the strength within me. It's either fight or die,and the stress of living here has already nearly killed me. Pneumonia doesn't happen by accident

No comments: