Monday, October 23, 2006

It's only a matter of time

I heard the van pull up, the side door slide open and shut. If it had been just one person I would have heard a door slam. This was a crew. They fiddled with the lock to next door and slipped inside. I heard them move through the house then silence. I knew why they were there. I called the cops.
He was pleasant enough as we talked on my doorstep.
"The house seems secure from the outside"
I walked out and looked at the front door.
" The Bolt's off! It was on earlier"
They said they'd get in touch with the keyholder to find out if he'd been round and off they went.
I went inside and played very loud music. Two hours later at 1am I had a look. The padlock was back on. They'd been rumbled.
They were waiting for someone to break in and damage the building. I honestly beleive they would have beaten whoever came to death. I think it's only a matter of time before the landlords' hired thugs kill one of us.

No comments: