Monday, October 09, 2006

I got arrested

It had to happen. You don't stand up to power and not get arrested. They came on saturday morning in an armoured landrover. I have to say they were very civil and not unsympathetic as we chatted in the back of their vehicle. Being charged, processed, taken down to the cells, interviewed, photographed, fingerprinted, DNA'd, none of it was threatening. They were all very friendly. Things really have changed. Others tell me they can't beleive how different it is.
Of course I don't think I have done anything wrong. I beleive my actions are morally correct and am prepared to accept whatever consequences come my way.
Ten days ago the boss builder James Devlin came to my door and threatened me. My response to that was to have a row with him in the street in the course of which I spat at him. I am now being investigated for " common assault" because of the spitting business.
Everyone I have spoken to round here is furious that a resident can be criminalised while at the same time the police do nothing to relieve the torment of this community. Instead, by driving by and doing nothing, they are complicit in the criminal behaviour of bogus students

No comments: