Sunday, November 25, 2007

The joys of Free Speech

Thanks to "anonymous" for drawing my attention to this

holylandwarzone

http://holylandwarzone.blogspot.com/2007/10/blow-in.html

Thanks to the wonders of blogger I can cut and paste the text so here it is:

FOR THE BENEFIT OF THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHO ALAN MURRAY IS ...... THE GUY IS JUST A BLOW IN TO THE HOLYLAND ... NOT A LONG TERM RESIDENT. IF YOU CHECK HIS CREDENTIALS HE ORIGINATES FROM WEST BELFAST ...SOME READERS OF HIS DIATRIBE MIGHT WELL WONDER WHY HE LEFT WEST BELFAST.

OBVIOUSLY BY HIS STYLE OF WRITING HE LACKS A COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ... HENCE HIS USE OF PROFANITIES ON A REGULAR BASIS. MR MURRAY IS NOT EVEN AWARE OF THE FACT THAT THE NAME OF THE AREA IS "THE HOLYLAND" NOT "THE HOLYLANDS" A NAME USED ONLY BY PROPERTY DEVELOPERS AND ESTATE AGENTS.

THIS SITE WILL BE USED TO DISCUSS THE BACKGROUND TO THE PRESENT CONFLICT IN THE HOLYLAND AND WILL DISCLOSE SOME OF THE FAILED ATTEMPTS TO RESOLVE IT.

UNLIKE MR MURRAY, THE AUTHOR HAS WORK COMMITMENTS BUT WATCH THIS SITE AND LEARN, MORE WILL BE ADDED SHORTLY.




I must have really got to some people. It's quite a compliment when they plagiarise your site in order to trash you. Here's the reply I posted to his article:

I've been here for seventeen years, so I think I'm a bit more than a "blow in". As for the name of the place, I use both depending on which flows better. Unlike you, others seem to enjoy my "command of the English language". I love your pomposity, it complements your anger perfectly.
They say imitation is the best form of flattery, so thank you for plagiarising my site.
Judging by your anger, you appear to be one of "The committee" that pretends to represent us. I wonder if you are one of those who have had me arrested for criticising you on my own blog. Maybe you are one of those who watched someone try to kill me then made false witness statements to the police.
It would be very funny (and hypocritical) if I had you arrested for criticising me here. I'm afraid I couldn't do it. It's just not sporting.

I don't think the police would arrest them anyway. Do you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayyyyyyy another post i'd been missing your craziness it really brightens up my work day when you blog. i send it to all my student friends we get a good laugh out of you. thanks once again and keep up the good work! is there any chance you could post all further comments on sundays as well as it really brightens up monday morning.

belfast samizdat said...

I'll do my best.

Anonymous said...

Having read that other blog on the matter of this "Warzone", I'm of the opinion that this one is a hell of a lot better. You may come across as a paranoid weirdo but at least you have the courtesy to not write in capitals constantly and to actually let people who read this know what you're talking about as opposed to the other one which seems as though it's one big in joke between the writer and himself (I realise there are only 2 posts so far). This will not stop me disagreeing with your views however. Up the students! "Yeo! On the boys!" (in my best culchie accent of course)

belfast samizdat said...

I'm glad you prefer my blog. Its good to hear from people who disagree with me, even if they do think I come across as a paranoid wierdo. Now, in my best Belfast accent,
"RICH SCUM GO HOME"
Sorry about the capitals. I was shouting.