Friday, January 25, 2008

Fake Residents group: Update

I wrote this in the comments section in reply to someone who wanted to know how the Fake Residents Group are getting on. I think it merits publishing as a post.

On the evening of the last meeting I was in common grounds cafe. Anne Monaghan was coming and going looking smug. At one point she smiled at me. I smiled back. She didn't stay for long. The meeting appears to have folded after half an hour. I suspect they lacked a quorum, or, to put it differently, no-one bothered going.

I was at the latest Community Police Liaison Committee meeting. I was the only resident from anywhere in the University sector to attend. The Holylands self-appointed representatives no longer go as they can't bear to be in the same room as me. Some months ago Tony McGuinness threw a tantrum at a CPLC meeting because the cops would not remove me. It was quite funny to watch. Some months ago the cops tried to exclude me from any meeting attended by Katrina O'Neill. My barrister tore Stevie Kingsman to shreds. You can read about it here.

There is obviously a crisis of confidence in the cops. Go figure. The CPLC has been wound up. The cops are planning an alternative forum. I assume this is where they will pervert restorative justice and turn it into a vehicle for landlords, the cops, the universities and their "students" to terrorise isolate and silence residents. Naturally the local housing association under Dermot Curran are moist with enthusiasm at this. I think that the power of eviction gives some people more pleasure than sex. Social predators are always drawn to positions of power over the vulnerable. I've seen it in hostels and I've seen it in landlords, whether of the private or "Social" kind. Shit floats. Institutional power is always fundamentally psychopathic (Chomsky).

2:57 PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone here about the latest little dear from queens to be convicted of violent assault? Check out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7218636.stm

copy and paste works best.

When reading about this violent assault I couldn't help but think that somehow ASBO culture has permiated our universities.

Binge drinking, anti-social behaviour, smashing a glass into someone's face in a pub?

Is this Moss side? Glasgow? East End London? no..... it's the Holylands

The difference between the chav's of the nation and the average student? Now it seems to be a few mickey mouse qualifications and a student loan.

Let's face it, the days of three good A-levels, a well put together UCAS application and an interview are well gone.

It's a numbers game now and boils down to economics. If you can pay, you get to act like a lout for 3-4 years. If you've not got the money up front sure we'll give you cheap credit that you'll probably default on.

CHAV'S THAT HAVE

That is what we're churning out of our universities now. The worth of a degree is therefore devalued and future employers may subconciously link Queens / UU with "PARTY!"

So to all you students out there, all you Yahoo shouting, obnoxious, moronic muck savages....well done.

Anonymous said...

Anyone hear the nolan show? Ha Ha! Just Glad that students have been exposed to the whole of Northern Ireland! Magic...that's it folks keep the image up!